TOURIST SERVICES AND FACILITIES IN QUITO
UPDATE:THE INFORMATION HERE PRESENTED IS UPDATED TO OCTOBER 8, 2019 – 11H50
We share a brief report of the city’s tourist services and links to official information accounts. Also, through our institutional account on twitter (@EPMQuitoTurismo), we will channel information that may be useful for tourists in Quito.
MARISCAL SUCRE AIRPORT: open and in operation.
You can access constant updates of official information, through the following channels:
- Mariscal Sucre Airport:
Twitter account: @AeropuertoUIO
For flight information, the airlines’ contact list: https://www.aeropuertoquito.aero/en/contact-information-for-airlines-at-quito-airport.html
Public Airport Services Company: @ServiAeroQuito (twitter account)
URBAN AND INTERREGIONAL MOBILITY:
- Metropolitan urban transport system: Ecovía and Trolebus suspended.
- Yellow taxis and taxi Apps: they serve regularly within the city, its surroundings and to the airport.
- Executive transport to the airport (Aeroservices Company): temporarily suspended.
- Urban and interregional buses: no service.
You can access real-time update of the status of these services, through the following official twitter accounts:
- Metropolitan Passenger Transport Company Quito (Ecovía y Trolebús): @TransporteQuito
- Metropolitan Transit Agency: @AMTQuito
- Aeroservicios (private executive transport service to and from Mariscal Sucre airport): @AeroserviciosEc
- Integrated Security System ECU911: @Ecu911_ – @Ecu911Quito
SITUATION WITHIN THE CITY:
- Closed access to the Historic Center (museums and main attractions), since this is where political manifestations are concentrated.
- Basic services (water, electricity and communications) have continued normally