QUITO ONCE MORE NOMINATED TO WORLD TRAVEL AWARDS
The city of Quito is once again considered by the World Travel Awards (WTA), this time in 9 categories at its 25th edition of 2018 whose annual award gala will be held in our country in September.
Quito, Cultural Heritage of Humanity, proud city of Ecuadorians, favorite destination for travelers from all over the world, both for its cultural and natural heritage, and for the kindness of its people, has earned this year 9 nominations in the World Travel Awards for South America:
- South America’s Leading Destination
- South America’s Leading City Break Destination
- South America’s Leading Business Travel Destination
- South America’s Leading Meetings & Conference Destination
- South America’s Leading City Tourist Board
- South America’s Leading Cultural City Destination
- South America’s Leading Festival & Event Destination
- South America’s Leading Tourist Attraction (La Compañía de Jesús Church)
- South America’s Most Romantic Destination
Our capital city has been so far the most nominated Ecuadorian city by the WTA. In 2017 it won two of these awards that annually give recognition to the achievements of the tourism industry worldwide: South America’s Leading Destination, South America’s Leading Meetings & Conference Destination. Among several recognitions to the city, Mariscal Sucre International Airport was recognized as South America’s Leading Airport.
The World Travel Awards are considered as the reference to which every destination or tourist service should aim, the best quality seal worldwide whose annual gala will be held in the city of Guayaquil, Ecuador on 15th September, 2018.
Voting for all regions is open and the deadline is 5th August. Votes can be cast by professionals of the tourism industry or general public.
Go to the following link to vote for Quito in the World Travel Awards: